- 5Rights Foundation (“5Rights”) is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the EU General Data Protection Regulation. The only lawful bases for collecting and processing personal data are: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests.
- Our Responsibilities
- All personal data that we collect and process will be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes only
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
- accurate and kept up to date
- kept no longer than necessary
- appropriately secured
- Your Rights
- You have the right to:
- object to the processing of your personal data by 5Rights
- be told that we are collecting and processing your personal data, what personal data we are collecting and processing, why we are collecting and processing it and who we are sharing it with. We must provide this information in a way that is concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible
- have inaccurate or incomplete personal data that we hold on you corrected
- request the erasure and disposal of personal data we hold about you
- restrict the way that 5Rights processes your personal data
- obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services including moving, copying or transferring personal data that we hold digitally to another digital environment in a safe and secure way.
- We must action any request to activate your rights without delay (within a month at the latest). If exceptional circumstances mean that it will take longer for us to respond to your request or that we have to make a charge, we must explain why.
- We may need to verify that a request to activate your rights originated from you before actioning it.
- If we decide that we cannot comply with your request, we must explain why.
- Opt-Out Requests
- Anyone who believes that 5Rights collects or processes their personal data may activate any of their rights at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition, we want to make it as easy as possible to opt-out or unsubscribe from communications. You may opt-out of all further communications at any time. If you request to opt-out we will remove your personal data from our database. Group emails to our database include an ‘unsubscribe’ button.
- Circumstances In Which We Collect And Process Personal Data
When you visit our website:
If you subscribe to receive more information:
If you supply goods or services to 5Rights:
If you are included in our contacts database:
- Our website uses strictly necessary cookies to make our site work. Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. We store this information for a period of 12 months. This data processing is based on Article 6(1)(f), GDPR for the protection of our legitimate interests, namely the optimisation of our offer. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions
- We offer users the option to set Google Analytics cookies. Analytics cookies collect and report information on how users use our website, to help us improve it. The cookies collect information such as the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from, and the pages they have visited, in a way that does not directly identify anyone. We won’t set optional analytics cookies unless a user clicks accept. Clicking accept will set a cookie on their device to remember their preferences.
- The operator of the Google Analytics component is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA. If you click accept to Google Analytics cookies, the information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Google might transfer the personal information collected via this technical procedure to third parties.
- As IP anonymisation is activated on our website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within Member States of the European Union or other states in agreement with the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by a Google server in the USA. The IP address transferred through your browser to Google Analytics will not be combined with other data held by Google. The Analytics feature UserID to track interaction data. This User ID will be additionally anonymised and encrypted and will not be linked with other data.
- Users can withdraw their consent to Google Analytics cookies operating at any time by clicking to opt out in the 5Rights' footer.
- A cookie already set by Google Analytics can be deleted at any time via the browser, and users can prevent the storage of cookies through their browser.
- If you want to receive further information from 5Rights about our work, you can submit an email address. We will add your email address to our contacts database.
- If you supply goods or services to 5Rights we will collect and process your personal data to the extent that it is required for us to manage our relationship.
- 5Rights maintains a contacts database of relevant people with whom we come into contact in the course of pursuing our charitable objectives. The types of personal data we collect in our contacts database includes: name, job title, organisation, email address, address, phone numbers, video conferencing ID, mutual interests or contacts.
- In addition to our main contacts database, we may collect and process personal data in our internal office management systems (including email accounts, address books, cloud storage facilities and document management systems) of those who work for or represent 5Rights. For example, we may store email addresses from emails we receive so that we can contact that person again, we may file business cards, we may follow up on introductions to individuals and organisations with relevant expertise or similar interests or we may record the publicly available contact details of individuals and organisations with whom 5Rights should engage. We are often introduced by other organisations, and we sometimes introduce people in our network.
- At any time you may request to activate any of your rights (see above) including the right to have your personal data deleted. Please contact email@example.com.
- Data Reviews and Expiry
- We carry out annual data reviews to ensure that our data processing procedures are still up to scratch and to ensure that data that is no longer needed or which is out of date is archived or removed.
- 5Rights ensures that personal data is stored securely. Our security software is kept up-to-date and appropriate back-up and recovery solutions are in place. Personal data stored in hardcopy is stored in our secure office.
- In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, we will promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the relevant parties and to the regulator (Information Commissioner’s Office).
- Children’s and Young People’s Data
- Where we hold the personal data of a person under the age of 18, for example a child who contributes to a workshop, we will make certain that the child (and/or the parent of the child is under 13)1 understands beyond doubt the ways in which their data may be used. It is our policy not to share a child’s data unless it is prearranged, and for reasons that are transparent, accountable, understood and in the child’s best interests.
- ICO Registration
- 5Rights registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as an organisation that processes personal data. 5Rights’ ICO registration number is: ZA399046 and expires 10th June 2019.