Youth Engagement Co-Ordinator
This is a permanent position, and we will consider applications for both full time and part time (60%) hours. There will be a flexible approach to your working week, as some evening and weekend work will be required.
As the Youth Engagement Coordinator, you will be instrumental in realising our vision to regularly host deliberative sessions with young individuals. The insights gleaned from these interactions will serve to enrich and guide our work. Our relationship with these youth participants will be as reciprocal as possible, offering them opportunities and insights as they arise. Through these activities, we aim to expand our Youth Advisory Group membership, empowering young individuals globally to champion a safer and more inclusive digital world.
Additionally, you will facilitate opportunities such as public speaking, writing, publishing, and interacting with global decision-makers for our youth participants
Youth voice, influence, and engagement:
- Spearhead the development and execution of groundbreaking youth engagement initiatives, cultivating a vibrant global community of young changemakers.
- Spark thought-provoking dialogues through interactive discussion groups, including engaging online sessions on pressing issues and captivating monthly podcasts.
- Champion the integration of youth perspectives into policy development and advocacy campaigns, collaborating closely with colleagues in policy and advocacy.
- Ensure that the invaluable voices of youth are deeply embedded in our research and work, collaborating with our advocacy, research, and accountability teams.
- Enhance our organization's relevance by ensuring that youth perspectives are not only heard but also impactful in our advocacy positions and communications.
- Advocate tirelessly for the inclusion of youth voices in policy debates and secure the necessary funding to expand our youth engagement efforts.
- Deliver exceptional sessions that not only educate but also inspire participants, deepening their understanding of digital issues and empowering them with the skills to make a tangible difference.
- Foster inclusivity by creating accessible pathways for participation, ensuring that young individuals facing barriers have equal opportunities to engage and contribute.
Project development, management, and delivery:
- Develop and deliver impactful youth participation events and activities in collaboration with partners.
- Create comprehensive project plans and ensure through successful implementation of youth engagement programs.
- Prioritise participant safety and well-being through robust consent and safeguarding practices.
- Cultivate a culture of wellness by designing and enforcing well-being protocols for youth activities.
- Drive impactful change by achieving project outcomes in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Collect and analyse data to inform decision-making and evaluate project effectiveness.
- Expand the network of youth partners and organizations locally and globally.
- Maintain smooth operations through effective administration and coordination.
- Uphold accountability and transparency by documenting and reporting on sessions and activities.
- Share updates on progress and outcomes with internal and external audiences.
How to apply
Ready to make a real difference? Apply now by submitting your application, including your CV and a cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Application deadline: 23 July 2023, but candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis, as they come, so please apply early to secure your chance.