UK Public Affairs Officer
Reporting to the Head of UK Affairs, we are looking for an enthusiastic and curious Public Affairs Officer who will support on the delivery of the advocacy strategy for 5Rights’ work in the UK. Your core responsibilities and tasks will be:
- You will support in building and maintaining relationships important to the UK team’s work with key partners, political stakeholders, and stakeholders in civil society and beyond, both individually and as part of coalitions.
- You will lead on analysis of UK policy and political developments and legislative and regulatory materials and support on drafting briefings, position papers, consultation responses, reports in line with 5Rights positions.
- You will support on briefing political stakeholders, senior colleagues, or external partners on 5Rights positions and take the lead on arranging events for a range of difference audiences.
- You will support with the organisation of the UK team, including arranging internal and external briefings, creating, and maintaining stakeholder lists, research depositories and other databases as are relevant.
- You will support on creating content for social media and external channels.
Desirables skills and attributes
- You will have at least two years’ experience in a public affairs, UK parliament or other relevant role.
- You will have an understanding of the UK parliamentary system and an interest in UK politics.
- You will be a confident and clear communicator, in both written and verbal.
- You will be organised with the ability to manage competing tasks and projects at the same time.
- You will be looking to develop new skills and be comfortable working independently on certain project.
- You will have a commitment to our values and mission.
How to apply
Apply now by submitting your application, including your CV and a cover letter, via the following link.